2.8

My order was placed yesterday afternoon, and by the time I called this morning, the CSR already tells me that my order cannot be cancelled. I informed her that I did not receive an email about this change in status, and the website says that it is still processing.

From what I understood, anything before the order status changes, can be stopped/pulled. The CRS then changes her tone and tells me that my order was already ready to ship and on the truck. And that there was absolutely nothing she could do to pull my order. I asked her if there was anyone else I can speak with regarding this matter as I did not wish to go thru with the order and pay duties for a shipment I would have to return.

After putting me on hold for over 20 minutes, I was transferred thru to her day supervisor named Nicole. I explained to Nicole my situation and said that I wished to cancel my order. Nicole mentions the same information to me saying that nothing can be done at this point. I asked her why, as it has been only less than a day since I placed my order, and she mentions that there is usually about a 5 minute window once that order button is clicked and that no changes or cancellations can be done after...

literally 5 MINUTES. Cole Haan, you might as well list a no cancellation / order change policy clearly on your website. BUYER BEWARE. Being such a reputable company, this has got to be one of the worst online shopping experiences ever.

I then ask Nicole regarding the duties I will be charged because of this inconvenience. Nicole said she can do a one-time offer to refund all duties and tax fees to me right away (which I assume she's just trying to get me off the phone at this point....) I also take the opportunity to ask about returns, (which by the way is another delivery of bad news.) She tells me that all Canadian customers are responsible for our own return shipping and that I should find the cheapest option available. I ask her for an email confirming this matter. Here's to hoping that her offer holds true.

So long story short, CANADIANS BEWARE. The only thing I learned about shopping with Cole Haan is that it's literally stacked against us. From the currency rate, to the shipping & duties, and then finally returns should we not be satisfied with our purchase, you are better off shipping to the border and picking it up yourself. I dont think I will ever be ordering from them again no matter how much I love their products.

This online experience has definitely altered my views on CH and customer service. I've never had such a bad / inconveniencing experience with a company, big or small.

Lesson learned I guess. Just buyers beware.

Reason of review: Poor Customer Service, Order Processing Issue, Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Online experience.

Comments

useful - i was wondering the same if i have to pay for shipping return