Rancho Santa Fe, California

Walking in downtown San diego to a business lunch, my VERY lightly used Cole Haan Country loafers w/ Nike Air soles/heels literally began to fall apart. Both heels fell off and 2 approx 5"X1" strips of sole also came off. When I contacted Cole Haan customer service they told me unless I had a receipt proving when and where I had purchased the shoes and the price, all they would do is send me a 30% off coupon.

No supervisor was "available".

They expressed no interest in having the shoes shipped to them for repair/replacement.

I told her not to send the discount coupon because if this was how Cole Haan backed their products I wouldn't be purchasing any in the future.

She clearly didn't give a *** and apparently neither does Cole Haan.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and exchange policy. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of cole haan loafers and associated monetary loss in the amount of $175. Cole Haan needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cole haan loafers in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cole Haan.

Had an Experience with Cole Haan?

Comments

Monterey, California, United States #1336559

Ok, so I have these cool brown suede boots & was at a party recently and thought I stepped in something; so I looked down and my heel was sliding around and fell off my cool Nike sole.It was so embarrassing that I kicked the heel under some furniture and quickly left the party to change shoes.

Upon closer examination they had on this evening completely cracked and crumbled leaving a trail of broken rubber.

My wife and daughter laughed at me, luckily no one else at the party noticed. What a joke for a couple of big brands to make such a junk shoe. They were my favorites however, many compliments on the looks.

A shame they won't back up their products.Big company takes your money won't back their products, really sucks!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #1203217

EXACT.SAME.

ISSUE. Same shoes and the Nike Air soles disintegrated after very light use, maybe 50x total. Called Cole Haan who referred me to their repair facility, MyShoeHospital where I was informed they have no affiliation with Cole Haan and all they'll do is provide a 'free' estimate. I was also informed that Cole Haan won't/can't supply them with the Nike Air soles but they MAY have a substitute and will charge $30/shoe for heel replacement but they have no idea how much for the integrated sole until I send them in.

Hey...

at least you got offered a 30% off coupon!No more Cole Haan for me but I will offer them free publicity.

to Anonymous San Francisco, California, United States #1207271

Since the above experience I have kept my promise to Cole Haan to NEVER again purchase one of their products.

to Anonymous #1263955

THINKING OF SUING COLE HAAN...I have at least 3 pairs of shoes with these heels and all echibit the same (obvious) manufacturing defect,,any thoughts?

to Anonymous Jonesboro, Georgia, United States #1277709

I had same problem with two pair. One pair I had worn often, but still thought it was strange. The next pair had very, very(